The high-level panel discussion with the topic “Strengthening and Energizing EU-Central Asia Relations” took place in Riga at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on April 18,2018 as part of the 1st Networking Conference of SEnECA.
The panel discussion assessed the status and prospects of the cooperation between the EU and the Central Asian countries. How successful has the EU engagement in the region been so far? How do the activities of the EU align among activities of other external powers? How can the EU further strengthen and energize the relations with the Central Asian countries?
- Andrejs Pildegovičs, State Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia
- Peter Burian, EU Special Representative for Central Asia
- Nargis Kassenova, Director of the Central Asian Studies Center at KIMEP University, Kazakhstan
- Mirzokhid Rakhimov, Head of the Contemporary History and International Relations Department, National University of Uzbekistan
- Michael Kaeding, Deputy Dean at the Department of Social Sciences of the University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
Moderator: Dr. Andris Sprūds, Director of LIIA, Latvia
You can watch the video of the high-level panel discussion here.