An external Advisory Board consisting of relevant European and Central Asian experts was set up to support SEnECA and the consortium members in the implementation of the project by:
- Ensuring quality control of the project activities by providing tailored consulting and advice to the consortium;
- Providing feedback on and an overall assessment of the project’s progress and impact;
- Establishing links with relevant initiatives and policy-makers;
- Helping SEnECA to become established as a sustainable, multiplying network for EU-Central Asia relations;
- Advising on the communication and policy-making towards the EU, but also towards other target groups;
- Advising to build up the SEnECA Stakeholder Network.
The AB members are invited to all conferences and, selectively, to the project workshops. Special sessions allow the AB members to intensively discuss with the partners how to successfully implement the project.
The Board currently consists of eleven members:
Dr. Sultan Akimbekov
Director, Institute of Asian studies, Almaty
Former Cooperation Coordinator, Central Asia Division, European External Action Service (EEAS), Brussels
Director, First Bilateral Relations Department, Latvian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Rīga
Dr. Nargis Kassenova
Associate Professor/Director, Central Asian Studies Center at KIMEP University, Almaty
Senior Correspondent, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Prague
Prof. Dr. Mirzokhid Rakhimov
Head, Contemporary History and International Relations Department, Institute of History, National University of Uzbekistan, Tashkent
Prof. Dr. S. Frederick Starr
Professor, Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University, Washington, D.C.
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Wessels
Jean Monnet Chair ad personam, Centre for Turkey and European Union Studies, University of Cologne
Dr. Laura Yerekesheva
Deputy Director of the Institute of Oriental Studies of R.Suleymenova, Almaty